Municipality of Manapla
The first inhabitant of the place was Negritos,a black skinned people living in the place and considered as the aborigines in the island of Negros. Later on, people from the different neighboring town migrated to the place which force the native people to transfer in other places most especially in the mountains so that they can live well peacefully and permanently.
The name of Manapla came after from the name Manaag Pula, the wife of the capitan’s town but later the name Manang Pula was shortened to Manapla, the name carried on until nowIn the middle of 19th century Negros Island remained a military district and it is also the time when Manapla became a town, and in 1856 the Negros Occidental was raised to the catergory of politico military govierno.
It was in the later part of 1860, during Saravia’s term, that Manapla was proclaimed as a new municipality by the Vicar, who was at the same time the Acting Governor of Bacolod. Bernardo Gallo was appointed its first Capitan Municipal.When the North Negros Sugar Company, Inc. established in 1917, Manapla led the other town into an integral part of the island in the production of sugar. Sugarcane milling started and the cultivation of sugarcane fields ushered in faster development. Large haciendas sprouted and sugar milling operation by steam machines was employed.